So last night, Mrs Findlay joined me for her first assignment as a professional magnet cutter. Now, magnets may not be my end goal as a portrait photographer BUT:
- In general: there is a large demand for magnet photography at events
- Last night was a fun evening with lovely clients
- The wife cuts a mean magnet
There are numerous ways to provide a quality product. My own method (which I am happy to share) involves:
- A combo of a my Nikon D750 with a D3400 as backup, black rapid strap, speedlight flash and memory cards
- The Canon Pixma 7250 printer
- A laptop with Lightroom
- Guillotine / Paper Cutter
- 260g Glossy A4 paper
- Laminating Sheets
- A4 magnets
Obviously, I have other back up gear, and the magnet frames are designed in Adobe Photoshop.
My fellow photographers, this is a great way to get into the biz and start earning your way as a professional photographer.